The Benefit of Sports in Your Child’s Development October 05 2011
A sport helps in all aspects of children’s development. Character building, personality, physical and mental attributes can all be developed by indulging in a sport. Sports helps a child develop certain characteristics which nothing else can develop, such as loyalty, teamwork, ambition, sportsmanship and many more.
The most important characteristic, which can be developed by any type of game, is determination. Determination is one rare element; those who get it can achieve anything in the world. It gives a child a ‘never die’ attitude which eventually takes him/her to greater heights in life.
The following list will categorize different types of sports and their role in a child’s development.
* Football: It transforms a child into a mature grown person. Football helps develop a drive in the child, eventually leading to competiveness. This competitiveness in the game requires teamwork and sportsmanship which a kid develops as much as he plays. Football also helps increase stamina and awareness of a child. Some other aspects which football improves are mental and physical toughness and reflexes and reactions.
* Basketball:It has almost similar outcomes as football. Sportsmanship and competitiveness are improved by playing
basketball. As for physical attributes, the child gets extremely good jumping ability and can have a good height. The game also helps improves awareness and reactions better than football.
* Golf: It helps develop a perfectionist. Golf is a game which allows a low margin of forgiveness for error. One has to be very sharp and precise about his/her shot. Golf does not help significantly in physical development, only arm muscles grow strong. As it is with most other games, it develops competitiveness in a child.
* Rugby: Transforms a child into a man. Rugby is the most physical sport there is. It does not help in increasing mental abilities significantly, but its influence in physical development is second to none. The physical toughness and growth of a rugby player is far better than other sportsmen.
* Cricket & Table-tennis: Cricket and table tennis are both reaction development sports. Both games require excellent reactions and reflexes. Both games have a small influence on the physical development; table tennis requires footwork and triceps whereas cricket requires speed and agility.
The amazing thing about sports is that one can learn a few important things about life without giving anything. It is a teacher who gives their students some great qualities for free. These teachings have been passed on for generations and millions of people have benefited from them.
Sometimes, a sportsman is lucky enough to find himself/herself leading their team. The pride and honor give a confidence boost like nothing else. It gives a sense of responsibility; the captain has to lead the team with example. He/she should have high motivational skills and an urge to make sure the team is going in the right direction. Leadership is a gift in sports; one who is lucky enough to be handed the role should definitely make the best of it.
Mike is a father of 2, interested in his children's development. Mike thinks that sport is a great component in his child education, but also believe that toys and especially educational toys play an important role.