Writer's Workshop, My Leprechaun Trap Mini-Book and Puppet February 06 2011
Your students will love creating their own Leprechaun puppets and stories. Here’s a free lesson plan, printable puppets, story web and mini-book. This writer's workshop activity complements our Leprechaun Trap science lesson.
- My Leprechaun Trap Puppet and Story Web
- My Leprechaun Trap Mini-Book
- Popsicle stick
- Sheet of paper or writing notebook for writers’ workshop (to write draft).
- Proofreading materials, such as a Word Writing Book, dictionary and word wall.
Instructions (for students):
- Color the leprechaun puppet.
- Write notes for the story on the story web.
- Write a draft of the story.
- Cut out the mini-book and staple the pages together.
- Complete the cover, title page and number each page of the book. (There are 7 lines on the web, because one page is a title page.)
- Write the story in the book. (The back of each page, left side, is for illustrations and the right side is for text.)
- Cut out and glue the puppet onto a popsicle stick.
- Act out your My Leprechaun Trap story.
Here's Lesson Plan for Leprechaun Traps