Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher January 30 2011
Your students will love to make this Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher while learning Valentine's Day words!
- Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher template
- List of Valentine's Day words you would like the students to study
- Make one copy of the Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher for each student.
- Make one example Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher.
- Open your example and explain how you color, cut, fold and write to make the Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher.
- Write Valentine's Day words on the white board. These words can be included inside the pink boxes, if you like. If you have special Valentines Day words you are studying, ask that they include these words as they write the notes in the pink boxes. If you'd like the students to have practice spelling particular Valentine's Day word over and over again, ask that they write the words in the outside hearts. As they play the game they will be required to spell these words. (Example: heart, valentine, cupid, surprise, chocolate.) Depending upon assessments, each child may need a different list of words to study.
- Color the Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher.
- Cut out the Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher.
- Follow the instructions on the printable explaining how to fold and write the notes inside.
How to Play the Valentine's Day Cootie Catcher Game:
- Ask the person to pick a word inside a heart.
- Spell the word as you open the cootie catcher.
- Ask the person to choose a picture/words inside.
- Spell the words.
- Ask the person to choose a picture/words inside the cootie catcher again.
- Now, open the flap and read the Valentine's Day message inside.
Holiday Readers Variety Pack (Includes Valentine's Day)