Thanksgiving Writing, I am Thankful, Corn on the Cob November 14 2010
Students will enjoy creating their own I am Thankful corn on the cobs. Each corn on the cob can be displayed on a bulletin board, or it can be pasted to the cover of student created I am Thankful writers' workshop book.
- I am Thankful Corn on the Cob (free printable)
- Story Web and Draft
- Parts of a Story
- Several Sheets of White Paper
- I am Thankful Corn (finished by the students)
- Green Bulletin Board Paper (Tear into tall, long strips and crumple up to look like corn stalks)
- Blue Bulletin Board Paper
- Yellow Construction Paper (Cut into a circle for the sun)
- Color the corn and husk.
- Finish the sentence, "I am thankful for _____________."
- Cut out the corn and husk.
- Post on the classroom bulletin board.
- Glue to the front of a student created writers' workshop, I am Thankful, book.