Photo Flower Gift April 18 2010
- Flower Template
- Colored Pencils, Crayons or Markers
- Paint Brushes
- Card Stock Paper (white or yellow)
- Chenille Stems (green)
- Clay (red clay, which hardens, works well)
- Small Clay Pots
- Glitter (optional)
Teacher (If possible, assign a teacher assistant to help with this project.)
- Print the Flower Template on white or yellow card stock paper.
- Cut each square out around the flowers. (Use a paper cutter to speed up the process.)
- Take pictures of each child or keep a copy of their pictures from picture day. (Sometimes, there are extra pictures in the student files in the office. It's a good idea to check with administration before taking the pictures from the file.)
- Use the center of the flower as a template to trace and then cut a circle around each child's face.
- Color and cut out the flowers, if printed on white. If printed on yellow, just cut the flowers out.
- Trace the flower onto another piece of card stock paper. (This will be glued to the back of the flower.)
- Cut out the additional flower.
- Paint the little pot.
- Let it dry.
- Fill the pot with clay.
- Push the green chenille stem into the clay inside the pot.
- Glue both sides of the flower together around the chenille stem.
- Let it dry.
- Glue the picture inside the flower.
- Use glue to add glitter. (See photo. This is optional.)