Spring Bunny Pencil Holder March 14 2010
This spring craft is quick, easy and useful. Your students will enjoy using recycled materials to create their own Spring Bunny Pencil Holders.
- glass jar, tin can or plastic container (yogurt or sour cream)
- wiggly eyes (2 per student)
- pom poms (2 per student for the nose and tail)
- brown paper bag
- wikki stix or chenille stems/pipe cleaners
- glitter (optional)
- paint brush (optional to brush on glue before adding glitter)
- Clean and dry the recycled container.
- Glue the brown paper bag to the recycled container. (If you are using a tin can, be sure to leave about 1/2 inch of paper at the top of the tin can, so you can fold it over the rim.)
- Glue the wiggly eyes on.
- Use the black marker to draw a dot where you want the nose to be and draw the mouth.
- Glue a pom pom on the black dot for the nose.
- Draw an ear shape on the paper bag. Fold the paper in half before cutting, so you will make two ears.
- Glue the ears towards the top of the container.
- Press 6 short wikki stix on the face or glue on chenille stems/pipe cleaners for whiskers.
- Glue a pom pom on the back towards the bottom of the container for the bunny's tail.
- Glue the feathers under the ears.
- Use glue to add glitter to the ears and mouth (optional).
- Fill the Spring Bunny Pencil Holder with pencils.