Free Frog Race Life Cycle Game March 08 2010
Your students will love playing this Frog Life Cycle Game.
You can either let the students bring home their game or laminate the pieces and keep it for classroom use.
This game is intended for four players, but can be played solo or with more players. Students will need to be divided into small groups of 4 or less for every sheet printed.
- Free, printable Frog Life Cycle Game
- Plastic baggy (one per student for game pieces)
- Game pieces (egg, tadpole, tadpole with legs, froglet, frog, chart showing names of the frog life cycle and 12 lily pads)
- Dice (can be shared if playing in small groups)
- Black marker
- Crayons or colored pencils
- Blue construction paper
- Life Cycle of the Frog Coloring Page (for reference)
Preparing for the Game Instructions:
- Color the game pieces.
- Cut out the game pieces and put pieces in the plastic baggy.
- Make a small circle on the right hand side of blue construction paper.
- Put the eggs, tadpole, tadpole with legs and froglet inside the circle on the construction paper.
- Place the lily pads next to the circle.
- Write the word "start" on the lily pad to the left of the flowering lily pad.
- Write the word "end" or "finish" on the flowering lily pad.
- Draw clockwise arrows around the lily pads ending with the flowering lily pad (optional).
- Put your frog game piece on the "start" lily pad.
Playing the Game:
- Now that your frog is on the "start" lily pad, roll the dice.
- Look at the dice key to find out what to do.
When it is your turn, roll the dice once.
1 = Jump Forward 1
2 = Jump Forward 2
3 = Jump Forward 3 and earn eggs
4 = Jump Forward 4 and earn a tadpole
5 = Jump Forward 5 and earn a tadpole with legs
6 = Jump Forward 6 and earn a froglet
If you have already earned eggs, tadpole, tadpole with legs or froglet, just move forward. You can only earn one of each.
Object of the Game- The winning player will use the frog game piece to jump towards the last lily pad (flower) while having earned all of the frogs' life cycle (eggs, tadpole, tadpole with legs and froglet).
Winner - The winner must have all parts of the life cycle to win and must be on the lily pad with the flower at the same time.
Not a Winner Yet - For example, if the player is on the flowering lily pad without the eggs (or any other part of the life cycle), he does not win. He must roll the dice and go back around the lily pads until he reaches the flowering lily pad again with all 5 parts of the frogs’ life cycle.
In another instance, if the player has earned all parts of the frogs’ life cycle, but he is not currently on the flowering lily pad, he has not won. He must continue to roll the dice, until he reaches the flowering lily pad.