Valentine's Day Mailbox January 07 2010
Students will love creating Valentine's Day mailboxes. This fun project will get the students excited about writing and delivering their Valentines.
- Small box
- Construction paper (Use combinations of light pink, dark pink, white and red)
- Cut a rectangular hole in the top of the box.
- Remove the lid. Use glue to cover the lid and box with construction paper.
- Fold small pieces of construction paper in half and use a pencil to trace half of a heart onto the paper.
- Cut out the hearts.
- Glue doilies onto the box. (optional)
- Glue the hearts on the box.
- Write your name in pencil.
- Trace over it with glue.
- Sprinkle glitter onto the glue.
- Now, your name sparkles!
- Name List - It's helpful to send home a list of each student's name before Valentine's Day.
- Teacher Valentine's Day Box - If a student finishes early allow him/her to decorate your Valentine's Day mailbox.
- Candy Hearts - Make candy hearts on the mailbox. Inside each heart write words like "hug" and "love". Writing a lits of Valentine words on the board is helpful.