Reindeer Race Craft & Game December 05 2009
- Free Reindeer Race template
- 2 paperclips (1 per game piece. Two players at a time is recommended for this game.)
- Crayons or colored pencils
- 2 strong magnets (One for every game piece. I’d recommend 2 for this scale. Test the magnets strength before you make the craft. Hold the magnet under a sheet of paper. Set a paperclip on top. Can it easily drag the paperclip? If it is difficult to do you may need a stronger magnet. The reindeer game piece will be attached to the paperclip, so it needs to have a strong magnetic pull.)
- Color and cut out the reindeer game piece template.
- Fold the game pieces in half and tape at the bottom.
- Tape or clip a paperclip under each reindeer.
- Color the race track.
- Cut a 7.5 X 10 inch hole in the box.
- Glue the farm race track template over the hole in the box along the edges & let it dry completely.
- Set your reindeer game piece on the starting line.
- Put your magnet underneath the reindeer.
- Test out the magnet to make sure the paperclip and magnet have a strong magnetic pull. Make any needed adjustments. Make sure your friend is all ready to go, too. (warm-up)
- Say, “On your mark. Get set. Go!”
- Pull your reindeer towards the finish line using the magnet underneath the paper.
- The first reindeer to reach the finish line wins!