"Reindeer Sock Puppet" Craft November 05 2009
Choose the simple version or the more complicated version for the mouth. You can choose to insert a cardboard or plastic mouth or not. If you are looking for the simple version, leave out steps (2-4). I would recommend leaving out steps 2-4, (cardboard/plastic mouth) unless you would like to have adult volunteers help with these steps.
- brown or tan sock
- plastic or cardboard (optional)
- chenille stems (brown or yellow, 2 per child, for antlers)
- wiggly eyes (2 per child)
- red yarn or ribbon (optional bow on the head for a girl reindeer)
- yarn & needle or glue gun (optional, if you want volunteers to help with a cardboard/plastic mouth. Steps 2-4.)
- red or black pom pom (nose)
- Put the sock on the child's hand. (Thumb in the heel and fingers where the toes go.)
- Cut a slit in the sock between the fingers and mouth. (optional)
- Glue or sew half circles of cardboard or plastic inside the slit on the top and the bottom to make the mouth. (optional)
- Cover with half circles with red or black fabric. (optional)
- Glue on the wiggly eyes.
- Glue on the pom pom nose.
- Cut chenille stems in half. Take one half and wrap it around the other chenille stem. Do this twice for each antler.