Pumpkin Games & Lessons for Halloween Week! October 23 2009
Here's a reference list for quick and easy lesson plan ideas this week!
Take a peak under each heading for free lesson plans and printable templates.
Language Arts & Writers' Workshop:
- Student Books - Free printable template with free overhead transparencies for a Writers' Workshop lesson.
- Ad-libs, similes and metaphors - Scroll down to the links for the worksheets to print.
- Word Search - This is a great filler activity for the week of Halloween. When I taught 2nd grade, I used Puzzle Maker for our spelling words and science words.
- Scarecrow Math - Free printable. All elementary grades can enjoy this lesson. Teaches addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Pumpkin Patrol Math - You'll need a pumpkin for this one.
- Cat Craft
- Warm Fuzzy Spider
- Spooky Mobile
- Coloring Page
- Bat Craft
- Paper Doll & Student Book
- Wise Owl Bank
- Owl Puppet
- Halloween Lantern or Pin Art
- Jack-o'-Lantern Photo Frame
- Funny Faces & More
- Family Tree
Poems & Songs
Online Games for the Computer Lab:
- Apples 4 the Teacher - Scroll way down to see the list.
- American Girls - Pumpkin Bounce
- Sesame Street - Zoe's Halloween, Dress Elmo for Fall, Make a Monster
- Pumpkin Patrol Technology - Scroll down to "Pumpkin Places" and you'll see a list of games.
More Surprises This Week:
We add more each week, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back soon.