Halloween "Warm Fuzzy Spider" Craft October 23 2009
These "Warm Fuzzy Spiders" are fun and easy to make. This craft is perfect for the week of Halloween.
These spooky spiders can be hung over a doorway, in the window or on a bulletin board.
The spiders are ideal to use as instructional tools, while teaching the fact that spiders have eight legs.
- Wiggly Eyes
- White string or white dental floss (optional to tie to the ceiling or window) and tape (or a thumb tack)
- Roll the yarn around your hands about 100 times (or use a paper towel roll).
- Pull the yarn off of your hand or the paper towel roll.
- Hold the wound up yarn in your hand and pull a small piece of yarn through the hole in the center.
- Tightly tie one side of the circle with the yarn.
- Cut open the circle of yarn on the opposite side.
- Cut all the pieces of yarn until you only have 4 pieces of long yarn on each side (eight legs).
- Glue on the wiggly eyes.
- Measure the length of white string you want and tie it to the top of your little spider's head. Then, use tape or a thumb tack to attach it above the window or classroom door.