Free "Scarecrow" Puppet Craft Template September 30 2009
During the Fall, students will love making scarecrow puppets. Each scarecrow has a crow on his shoulder. These scarecrows are fun and easy to make.
- Print the template onto card stock.
- Cut out the template.
- Trace onto the construction paper.
- Cut out the head, body, arms, legs and hat.
- Glue the head onto the bottom of the paper bag.
- Glue the body onto the side of the paper bag.
- Glue on the arms, legs and hat.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Make a nose shaped like a carrot towards the middle of the face (in pencil). Trace over it with black marker. Color it in orange (like a carrot).
- Make a smile with a pencil. Trace over it with black marker.
- Cut the straw or yellow yarn into small pieces and glue onto the ends of the legs and arms. Also, glue a few pieces on the head hanging out from underneath the hat.
- Glue the black pom pom (crow) onto the scarecrow's shoulder.
- Glue on the crows wiggle eyes.
- Glue on the grows beak using a small piece of yarn or straw folded in half. Put a dab of glue in the middle.