Glitter Play Dough Recipe September 30 2009
Here's a simple and quick recipe for glitter play dough. The recipe does not require cooking. You can add glitter and food coloring for extra sparkle, or keep it out.
Play Dough Activities for Fall
- Make orange and yellow play dough. The kids can make little Jack-o'-lanterns with yellow faces.
- It can also be fun to press leaves into the play dough and look at the designs that the leaves make.
- Tiny black cats or bats. Roll the dough into a ball to make little animal bodies. Add legs or wings.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- food coloring
- glitter (optional, sprinkle and add as necessary as you knead dough)
- Mix oil and food color together.
- Add dry mixture.
- Mix until pliable.
- Add the glitter. Mix/knead until glitter is distrubuted evenly.
- Keep in a plastic bag.