Free "Owl Puppet" Craft Template September 30 2009
Here's a free "Owl Puppet" craft template.
During the Fall, when I taught 2nd grade, my students studied mammals & birds. My students took a field trip to the pumpkin patch farm. During this trip they learned about many types of animals, including owls. This can be a fun craft to suppliment what you are already teaching the students about birds.
- Free "Owl Puppet" Template
- Construction paper (brown, yellow, tan or white)
- Feather (optional, 1 per child, any matching color)
- Paper bag (1 per child)
- Wiggle eyes (2 per child)
- Cut out the head, body, wings and beak.
- Glue the head onto the bottom of the paper bag.
- Glue the body onto the front of the paper bag.
- Glue the wings under the head (on the bottom of the paper bag, so when you open and close the bag the wings will flap).
- Glue the beak towards the bottom of the head.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes.
- Glue a feather on top of the head (optional).