Free "Color Identification" Printable Worksheet & Lesson Plan (PreK & K) September 06 2009
Here's a free color identification and word writing printable worksheet.
(The worksheet can be printed in color or in black & white.)
- box of crayons (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Review all the colors of the rainbow. Explain the correct rainbow order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).
- Each student has a pencil. Read the directions on the worksheet. (Read "red" & explain how to trace "red" together out loud while correctly forming each letter on the white board or overhead projector).
- Each student has a box of crayons. Use the red crayon to color in the crayon & heart. (Repeat this process for each color.)
- Draw an arched rainbow on the board. Students make their own rainbows on the worksheet.
Now, play a color game. Students identify objects around the room with different colors.